Pakistan (Punjab) Legislation
[Database Search] [Name Search] [Noteup] [Help]
CONCILIATION COURTS (
(W.P. Ord. XI of 1966)
1. Short title and commencement.
2. Amendment of section 3 of Ordinance XLIV of 1961.
3. Amendment of section 15 of Ordinance XLIV of 1961.
4. Amendment of section 16 of Ordinance XLIV of 1961.
THE CONCILIATION COURTS (
(W.P. Ordinance XI of 1966)
An Ordinance further to amend the
Conciliation Courts Ordinance, 1961, in its application to the
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Conciliation Courts Ordinance,
1961 (Ordinance XLIV of 1961), in its application to
AND WHEREAS the Provincial Assembly of West Pakistan is not in session and the Governor of West Pakistan is satisfied that circumstances exist which render immediate legislation necessary;
Now, THEREFORE, in exercise of the powers conferred on him by clause (1) of Article 79 of the Constitution, the Governor of West Pakistan is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Conciliation Courts (West Pakistan Amendment) Ordinance 1966.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Amendment of section 3 of Ordinance XLIV of 1961.— In the Conciliation Courts Ordinance, 1961, in its application to the Province of West Pakistan, hereinafter referred to as the said Ordinance, in section 3, after sub-section (2), the following new sub-section shall be inserted, namely:-
“(2-A) Cases relating to matters falling under Section A of Part I and Section A of Part II of the Schedule, against any Government servant, shall be excluded from conciliation except where a certificate is granted by Government or an officer authorised by Government in that behalf to the effect that the Government servant had not acted in the discharge of his official duties”.
3. Amendment of section 15 of Ordinance XLIV of 1961.— In section 15 of the said Ordinance, for sub-section (1), the following sub-section shall be substituted, namely:---
“(1) Save as otherwise expressly provided by or under this Ordinance, the provisions of the Evidence Act, 1872 (I of 1872), other than those contained in sections 123, 124 and 125, of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 (V of 1898) and the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (V of 1908), shall not apply to proceedings before any Conciliation Court”.
4. Amendment of section 16 of Ordinance XLIV of 1961.— In section 16 of the said Ordinance, in sub-section (1), the words “or before any Controlling Authority, or other authority exercising powers under this Ordinance” shall be omitted.
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of West Pakistan on 31st March, 1966; approved by the Provincial Assembly of West Pakistan on 6th June, 1966, under clause (3) of Article 79 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (1962); and, published in the West Pakistan Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 6th June, 1966, pages 1610-C to 1610-E.