Pakistan (Punjab) Legislation
[Database Search] [Name Search] [Noteup] [Help]
MARRIAGE RESTRAINT (
(Pb Ord. XXIII of 1971)
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
2. Amendment of section 2 of Act XIX of 1929.
3. Amendment of section 9 of Act XIX of 1929.
THE CHILD MARRIAGE RESTRAINT (
(Pb Ordinance XXIII of 1971)
An Ordinance further to amend the
Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929, in its application to the Province of the
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the Child Marriage Restraint Act,
1929, in its application to the Province of the
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Martial Law Proclamation of 25th March, 1969, read with the Provisional Constitution Order, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the Child Marriage Restraint (Punjab Amendment) Ordinance, 1971.
extends to the whole of the
(3) It shall come into force at once.
of section 2 of Act XIX of 1929.— In the Child
Marriage Restraint Act, 1929, as amended by section 12 of the Muslim Family
Laws Ordinance, 1961, in its application
to the Province of the
(i) at the end of clause (c), the word “and” shall be added;
(ii) the colon appearing at the end of clause (d) shall be replaced by a full-stop; and
(iii) clause (e) shall be omitted.
3. Amendment of section 9 of Act XIX of 1929.— In section 9 of the said Act, the words and commas “except on a complaint made by the Union Council, or if there is no Union Council in the area, by such authority as the Provincial Government may in this behalf prescribe, and such cognizance shall in no case be taken” occurring after the words “under this Act” and before the words “after the expiry” shall be omitted.
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of the Punjab, on 30th November, 1971; published in the Punjab Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 2nd December, 1971, pages 1509-A to 1509-B; saved by Article 281 of the Interim Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (1972); and, validated by the Validation of Laws Act, 1975 (LXIII of 1975).