Pakistan (Punjab) Legislation
[Database Search] [Name Search] [Noteup] [Help]
EX-EMPLOYEES OF THE FORMER GOVERNMENT OF
(Pb. Act I of 1986)
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
THE EX-EMPLOYEES OF THE FORMER GOVERNMENT OF
(Pb. Act I of 1986)
An Act to provide for the
appointment and conditions of service of former employees of the Government of
Preamble.— Whereas it is expedient to
provide for the appointment and conditions of service of former employees of
the Government of East Pakistan
to posts under the Government of the
It is hereby enacted as follows:-
title, extent and commencement.— (1) This Act may be called the
Ex-employees of the former Government of
extends to the whole of the
(3) It shall come into force at once and shall be deemed to have taken effect on the sixteenth day of December, 1971.
2. Definitions.— In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context—
(a) “employee” means an ex-employee of the former Government of East Pakistan who repatriated or migrated from East Pakistan to Pakistan during the period commencing on the 16th December, 1971 and ending on the 31st December, 1974, in consequence of occupation of the territory by enemy troops or establishment of Bangladesh;
(b) “former post” means the post which was held by an employee at the time of his repatriation or migration under clause (a);
(c) “Grade” means the Grade of the National Pay Scale in which a post or group of posts is placed; and
(d) “post” means a post in a service of the
3. Appointment.— An employee may, with the approval of the competent authority, be appointed to an existing or supernumerary post in the grade, as far as practicable, equivalent to the scale of the former post of such employee from the date he holds such post.
Explanation.— In this section, “competent authority”, in relation to a post means the authority competent under the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 (Act VIII of 1974) to make appointment to that post.
4. Seniority.— The service rendered under the former Government of East Pakistan by an employee shall count towards seniority in the Grade of the post to which he may be appointed under section 3.
The service rendered under the former Government of East Pakistan which
qualified for pension under that Government by an employee
who is appointed to
a post, shall count for the purposes of pension under the Government of the
This Act was passed by the Punjab Assembly on 17th February, 1986; assented to by the Governor of the Punjab on 10th March, 1986; and, was published in the Punjab Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 10th March, 1986, Pages 531-C to 531-D.