Pakistan (Punjab) Legislation
[Database Search] [Name Search] [Noteup] [Help]
(Pb Ord. XXVII of 1971)
1. Short title and extent.
2. Amendment of section 3 of W.P. Act XX of 1958.
(Pb Ordinance XXVII of 1971)
An Ordinance further to amend the
WHEREAS it is expedient further to amend the West Pakistan Foodstuffs (Control)
Act 1958, in its application to the Province of the
NOW, THEREFORE, in pursuance of the Martial Law Proclamation of 25th March, 1969, read with the Provincial Constitution Order, and in exercise of all powers enabling him in that behalf, the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to make and promulgate the following Ordinance:-
1. Short title and extent.— (1) This Ordinance may be called the West Pakistan Foodstuffs (Control) (Punjab Amendment and Validation) Ordinance, 1971.
(2) It extends to whole of the
2. Amendment of section 3 of W.P. Act XX of 1958.— In the West Pakistan Foodstuffs (Control) Act, 1958, in its application to the Province of the Punjab, hereinafter referred to as the said Act, in sub-section (2) of section 3, after clause (f) and before clause (g) the following sub-clause shall be added and shall be deemed always to have been so added:-
“(ff) for levying fees or charges to meet the expenses incurred by Government on the administration of this Act.”
3. Validation.— Notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force or any judgment, decree or order of any court or other authority or any proceeding pending before any court or other authority, any charge levied, collected or realized before the promulgation of this Ordinance, on or from sugar mills, situated in the areas now forming the Province of the Punjab, as departmental charge shall be deemed to have been validly levied, collected or realised, as the case may be, under a notified order issued under clause (ff) of sub-section (2) of section 3 of the said Act, as added by this Ordinance, and where any such charge has not been paid, collected or realised before the coming into force of this Ordinance, the same shall be recoverable as arrears of land revenue.”
This Ordinance was promulgated by the Governor of the Punjab, on 12th December, 1971; published in the Punjab Gazette (Extraordinary), dated 13th December, 1971, pages 1571-C to 1571-D; saved by Article 281 of the Interim Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan (1972); and, validated by the Validation of Laws Act, 1975 (LXIII of 1975).